Broadview was made possible through the love and generosity of Christian Scientists in Southern California.
In the early 1930s, several Christian Science teachers and their pupils saw the need for a Christian Science nursing home in the area. The Southern California Foundation, Inc., whose name was later changed to Broadview, was established in 1936. Construction began in 1946, and Broadview opened its doors in 1947 with 13 rooms. It was approved by The Mother Church in 1948 and has continuously served the needs of Christian Scientists since that time. After several additions, we now have 39 rooms that offer full Christian Science nursing care, outpatient care, day care, and more, and we continue to update and improve our facility, as needed, to provide an excellent level of care and comfort for all.